Richard Johnson |
The Johnson Firm, P.C.
2400 Lakeside Blvd
Richardson, TX 75082
Richard Johnson | The Johnson Firm, P.C.
Richard P. Johnson is recognized by his peers and clients alike for his extensive experience in estate planning, probate, and asset protection. He is Board Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and is rated the highest rating of AV by his peers in the rating service of Martindale Hubbell. He is also a VA accredited attorney with the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Clients appreciate Richard’s ability to communicate complex planning tools into easy to follow options that are fully understood. Clients also appreciate Richard’s belief that there is not a “one size that fits all” situation, and that clearly understood options make better estate decisions.
Richard keeps his clients educated through continued educational workshops, newsletters and special training events. He has several multi-generational families who have benefited from his service.
Richard is a frequent speaker with business groups, financial institutions, accounting and law firms, churches and various other organizations throughout the State of Texas.
Richard grew up in Austin, Texas. He graduated from Texas Tech University in Lubbock, Texas and South Texas College of Law in Houston, Texas.
Richard is married to Rita Johnson and they have two children, Marcie and Katie. Marcie is a partner in The Johnson Firm, P.C. Katie teaches 4th grade in Frisco, Texas and her husband, Jason Kathman is a bankruptcy attorney in Dallas, Texas.
For fun, Richard enjoys, RVing, boating, traveling and hiking.
Richard is a graduate of Leadership Garland. He is a 32nd degree Master Mason. He serves on the board of Crimes Stoppers in Garland, Texas and is a member of the Community Emergency Response Team in Rowlett, Texas.
Areas of Practice
- 85% Estate Planning
- 5% Elder Law
- 5% Asset Protection
- 5% Probate
- Estate Planning, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 1995
- Probate Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization , 1995
- Texas, 1974
- Washington, 1987
- South Texas College of Law Houston, Houston, Texas
J.D. – 1974
- Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Texas
B.A. – 1970
- Six Huge Threats to the Texas Family Owned Business, Richard P. Johnson, PA: Business Planning, 2015
Paying for Long Term Care Financial Help for Wartime Veterans, Olive Grove Press, 2014
- Estate Planning and Wealth Preservation, Collin County Comm College, 1996 – Present
Honors and Awards
- Highest Rating of “AV” by Martindale Hubbell
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State of Texas Bar Association
- State of Washington Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Bexar County Texas District Attorney’s Office, 1975 – 1976
- Assistant City Attorney City of Garland, 1976 – 1979
- Delta Theta Phi