Michael Murphy |
Law Offices of Michael C. Murphy
3500 W. Olive Ave
Burbank, CA 91505
Michael Murphy | Law Offices of Michael C. Murphy
Michael C. Murphy, Esq. is a veteran trial attorney with over 38 years worth of experience. Michael, Sr. has successfully tried over 90 trials during his career consisting of jury trials, bench trials, and arbitration proceedings. He is lead trial counsel at his firm and is at the tip of the spear in tackling every legal issue.
Mr. Murphy is an aggressive attorney who seeks effective and efficient resolution for all of his clients. The legal services offered by his firm are unique in that every client is given close personal attention from beginning to end. As a result, the relationships formed over the years have endured for decades. Each and every client matters to him and feels that it is his calling to help people.
Michael also has an edge over the competition in that he has worked on both the plaintiff and defense side in all various types of lawsuits. Working on both sides of a dispute has allowed him to out-maneuver his opponents. Being able to see multiple angles and points of view in any given case is detrimental to gaining a competitive advantage over the opposing lawyers. His experience and the depths of his legal knowledge allow him to protect his clients in complex lawsuits.
Although Michael has dedicated his life to serving his clients through his legal services, he has also dedicated countless hours of volunteer work toward helping not only local, but international communities. He believes it is his life mission to give back to those in need and struggle the most. His law firm has offered free legal services dedicated to the formation and operation of numerous non-profit organizations.
In 1981, Michael graduated with his Juris Doctor from Southwestern University School of Law. In 1977, he graduated with a Bachelors of Science in Business Administration with an emphasis in Finance & Marketing from Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles. Mr. Murphy is also a past-president for the Thousand Oaks Rotary Club. He has been a dedicated member of the Rotary Club and the Chamber of Commerce for over 30 years.
Finally, Michael was born and raised in Los Angeles, CA and is a fourth-generation Californian. He is also an avid Dodgers, Lakers, and L.A. Rams fan. During his time off, he enjoys spending weekends in La Jolla and in Mammoth Lakes.
- Southwestern University School of Law, Juris Doctor
- Loyola Marymount University, Bachelors of Science in Business Administration with an emphasis in Marketing & Finance
- California State Bar
- United States District Court, Southern District of California
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- United States District Court, Eastern District of California
- United States District Court, Northern District of California
- United States District Court, District of Arizona
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- City of Los Angeles Special City Council Resolution honoring the firm for its outstanding community service work
- Certificate of Appreciation from the California State Senate
- Certificate of Recognition from the California State Assembly
- Certificate of Special Congressional Recognition
- MVP Award by the North Hollywood Chamber of Commerce
- 2014 Special Service Award by the North Hollywood Chamber of Commerce
- Paul Harris Fellow Award
- Family & Community Service Award
- Rotarian of the Year Award
- Mike O-Beirne Award
- Special Recognition for Group Study Exchange Program by the Thousand Oaks Rotary Club
- Litigation Advocacy Program Certificate – U.C. Hastings College of Law
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Southwestern Law School Alumni Association
- Loyola Marymount University Alumni Association
- Thousand Oaks Rotary Club, Past President and Director
- North Hollywood Rotary Club
- Conejo Valley Chamber of Commerce
- North Hollywood Chamber of Commerce
- BNI – Masters of Business