Jeffrey Davis |
201 E. Grove St
Bloomington, IL 61701
Jeffrey Davis | Meyer Capel
Jeff Davis is a shareholder in Meyer Capel’s real estate, business and transactional practice groups. A practicing attorney since 1996, he has spent his entire legal career at Meyer Capel, becoming a shareholder of the firm in 2001.
Mr. Davis’ experience ranges from helping clients with all issues surrounding their start-up venture to assisting clients with the purchase or sale of multi-million dollar businesses.
Mr. Davis concentrates his legal practice in the following areas:
- representing corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships in connection with the legal matters these entities may face, including initial incorporation/organization, corporate governance issues, drafting and review of contracts and leases, licensing issues, securities issuances and debt financing transactions
- representing clients with the sale or purchase of a business, including due diligence matters and the negotiation and documentation of the transaction
- representing clients, both lenders and borrowers, in debt financing transactions, including large syndicated loans
- representing clients in connection with the sale, purchase or lease of real estate
- representing clients in estate planning matters and business succession planning
The following is a list of some transactions in which Mr. Davis has been involved:
- represented the purchasers in the acquisition of over 80 fast food restaurants in two separate acquisitions and the subsequent development of over 20 additional restaurants
- represented the purchasers in connection with a $12,500,000 acquisition of casual sit-down restaurants and the subsequent development of additional restaurants
- represented an institutional investor in the acquisition of over $50,000,000 of farmland in Illinois
- represented sellers in connection with the sale of a manufacturing company of grain grading equipment for the agricultural industry
- represented sellers in connection with the sale of a software development company to a Fortune 500 company
- represented a video game developer with the sale of the company to a buyer listed on the NASDAQ
- represented numerous buyers and sellers in business transactions ranging from $100,000 to $20,000,000
- represented numerous companies and investors in venture capital transactions
Adjunct Professor in College of Business at the University of Illinois (2007 – 2021) teaching Introduction to Real Estate.