Fred Otto | Estate Planning
Otto & Settanni, P.C.
3 South Prospect Avenue
Park Ridge, IL 60068
Fred Otto | Otto & Settanni, P.C.
For almost 40 years, Frederick J. Otto has been advising individuals, business, and charitable organizations. He brings a rare and valuable perspective to client matters, holding advanced degrees in both taxation and intellectual property.
Representative accomplishments during his career include:
- Negotiating and closing various multimillion dollar deals involving the sale of corporate assets in the chemical, medical, and computer fields.
- Assisting clients in developing raw ideas into companies with multimillion dollar yearly revenues in fields as diverse as cellular tower construction, general contracting, chemicals, manufacturing, and excavating.
- Recovering over $600,000 for clients defrauded in a securities transaction.
- Preparing public offering for an oil and gas developer that was filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, as well as multiple state securities departments.
- Counseling clients in estate planning, and estate and trust administration. He has served as a trustee for several client’s trust agreements, and has been responsible for investing portfolios as large as $10 million.
- Serving as general counsel to chemical research and development company.
Mr. Otto is proud to be both a Park Ridge resident and business owner. Contact him today to discuss your legal issues. He concentrates his practice in the following areas:
- Estate Planning
- Estate & Trust Administration
- Business Formation & Small Business Counseling
- Corporate Law
- Patents, Copyrights, & Trademarks
- Real Estate Law
- LL.M., Intellectual Property, John Marshall Law School, 1990
- LL.M., Taxation, DePaul University College of Law, 1983
- J.D., University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 1973
- B.S., Mathematics & Economics, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 1971
- Certified Public Accountant, 1981
- Bar Admissions:
- Illinois, 1973
- Nebraska, 1973 (Inactive)
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office (1984)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (1991)
- Federal Tax Court (1984)
- Who owns the copyright in software after CCNV v. Reid? Mertens Law of Federal Income Taxation Highlights, September 1990.
- Rotary District Governor, District 6450 (“Birth Place of Rotary”), 2000-2001
- Rotary Recreational & Vocational Fellowship of Law, Chairman, 1998-2005; Secretary 2007-Present
- Paul and Jean Harris’ Home Foundation, trustee and museum founder.